Skip to content
Select list of Accounting, Costing and Audit Assignments Undertaken
- Have been providing assistance to major pharmaceutical companies in Maintaining and Analysing Cost Records, Preparing MIS reports, Providing Costing and Pricing inputs to management, Preparing Cost Reports (statutory requirement)
- Review, Design, Implementation of Costing System for manufacturing units in Pharmaceuticals, Chemical and Textiles Industry.
- Full (100%) Verification of Fixed Assets for a large pharmaceutical company across all locations including factories, followed by a complete clean-up of Fixed Asset Register as a part of the exercise following acquisition and merger of other companies.
- Revenue Audit of marketing and distribution function for large textile companies resulting in tightening of systems, closing of potential loopholes for fraud and direct savings many times the expenditure on the audit.
- Designed and implemented automated costing system for large pharmaceutical companies, linking up with legacy systems and ERP systems, moved from annual product costing to quarterly and monthly costing exercises completed few days from month-end, resulting in better MIS, pricing, product-mix and business decisions.
Select list of Business Advisory Assignments Undertaken
- Business Process Re-engineering of a mid-size garment manufacturing and export company to streamline management, improve efficiency and profitability. Our work enabled the owners to have better MIS, control on cash-flow and improved yield. The company achieved a 25% growth in turnover and substantial improvement in profitability in spite of opening new factories during the period.
- Management restructuring, process re-engineering, revamping accounting controls and implementing a new MIS system for advertisement agency. The agency was achieving high business volume growth and needed systems to manage the growth.
- Capital Structuring and Investment Viability Evaluation of acquisition of sick Soya-Bean Processing business and road-map for turnaround.
- Review, Revise, Design and Implementation of Standard Operating Procedure for large shipping agency following acquisition by an overseas shipping line.
- Review of Paper Trading business, suggested changes in operations, procurement, product-mix and marketing strategy. Split business into SBUs, action plan based on profitability analysis for expansion (US$ 10 million to US$ 25 million). IT tools for more efficient operation, implemented procedures, systems and controls in view of expected growth in operations.
- Improving operational efficiency, design procedures & systems, implement controls across all departments for Indian Software Center of American group. Prepare directions and strategy for turnaround within specified time-frame.
- Review, Revise, Design and Implemented of Standard Operating Procedure for a mid-size multi-location restaurant and catering business in Mumbai.
- Developing Corporate Controls, Processes and Practices for a chain of restaurants (covering own and franchisee operations) spread across the western India.
- Industry study of Agro-Processing industry in India to analyze the future potential and preparation of entry strategy into the sector.
- Identify and short list acquisition targets in the Call Center / BPO industry, compute optimum acquisition price, negotiate price with the target, and propose alternate financial structures & funding. Also involved in acquisition and subsequent integration with existing setup.
- Designed and implemented Operations Control system for a Mid-Sized, Multi- Branch Tour Operations Company. Provide support for pricing decisions, eliminated wrong billing, imposed controls on the operations and eliminate duplication of data entry.
- Designed and Implemented software for automating distribution of a Textile major (preparing packing slip, automated selecting for dispatch, billing and collection)
- Supervised setting up of Voice and Web-enabled convergence Call Center and BPO. Was involved in advisory position during the setting up, funding and during first year of operations.
- Involved in acquisition of a software marketing company by an industrial group and as advisors in stabilizing operations after change of management.
Select list of Project related Assignments undertaken
- Market and Feasibility Study for 5 Container Freight Station (CFS) projects between 2000 and 2004 for major shipping lines, agency houses and large consolidators.
- Industry and Project studies, Market Studies and Investment Analysis covering :
- Hotels in Mumbai, Goa, Lonavala, Bhavnagar and Khapoli
- Pan-India food services business (restaurant, mall, food-court, corporate catering)
- Manufacturing Security Vehicles in India as Hub for Asia (British JV)
- Water transport companies in India.
- Leather Accessory Products and Cosmetics (European JVs).
- Import and distribution of Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Soft-Drink and Bottled Water Business (3 overseas companies)
- ISP, STP and Cyber-Café Business in 1996 in Mumbai and at other cities for large industrial groups planning to enter the sector
- Software Development and ITES (BPO / Call Center) industries
- Entry Strategy for Ship-Breaking Industry for overseas investors
Major Assignments undertaken with other Professional Firms
- Over 60 Market and feasibility studies for Hotels, Resorts, Tourism Projects, Casinos, Golf Courses, Timeshare Projects and Mixed Use Projects, Real Estate, Transport, Port Infrastructure preparing project cost, financial projections, profitability, sensitivity to risk factors, capital structuring.
- Lead consultant in an 18-month Banking Product and Customer Profitability study of a large foreign bank which formed the basis of restructuring the organization and strategy. The MIS system designed for the study was adopted by the Bank.
- Business Plan for Tourism Finance Company for large British Finance group.
- Business plan for setting up a Fertiliser Company using animal waste feed stock.
- Feasibility studies of port and related infrastructure projects for a Foreign Port Operator for their bids for privatisation and / or construction of new port facilities at Mumbai, Kandla, Tuticorin, Cochin and a CFS facility at JNPT.
- Undertook a study of Stevedoring Services in 8 major ports in India to access opportunities and potential for international stevedoring services company.
- Lead consultant in a study conducted for ICICI on analysis of Cement Cost and performance of Cement Companies in 40 geographic clusters in India in 1991, used by the Central Government as a part of the Cement Cartel Investigation proceedings.